True to me however, it completely slipped my mind the second a few paying customers held their “dollar bills” in front of my face because I am, in truth, only interested in money (not true).
Last weekend though 100 in 1 day happened and I was super lucky to have been able to get involved, even in the smallest few ways.
If you’re unsure about what 100 in 1 day is all about you can read more about it here.
Us being the lazy foxx and wolf we are, we ambled on down to Truth headquarters for a Saturday morning nibble and were met with a hubbub of activity. I was instantly distracted from our other plans and so we got involved.
Here are a few things that we got to do:
- Made a pledge to save water and got a free tree.
- Went in search of a “waterfall” in our city.
- Gave a homeless gentleman a tree for his Peace Garden.
- Bought some biscuits and a few bananas to put onto a “free for who-ever needs it” shelf.
- Watched some inspiring TED Talks at it’s a house on being inspired, getting things done and being compassionate.
- Sharing a complete stranger’s blanket as we watched some amazing short films at a makeshift drive-in.
Things I learnt last Saturday:
- I love being a part of something much bigger than myself.
- People are beautiful and kind and fun.
- There is a homeless man living in Sea Point that has cultivated a beautiful garden and his name is Ernest.
- How much I love short films/videos.
- Balloons are a symbol of happiness.
- I’m a massive kid inside.
- Cape Town is an incredible city.
Did you get involved in the 100 in 1 day experience?